PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT.
THIS POLICY MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE POLICY PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files (composed only of letters and numbers) that a web server places on your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or an app. When used, the cookie can help make our website more user-friendly, for example by remembering your language preferences and settings. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We store cookies when you visit or access our Website – these are called “first party cookies“. In addition, cookies are stored by other third parties (for example our analytics service providers, business partners, and advertisers) who run the content through our services – these are called “third party cookies“.
Both types of cookies may be stored either for the duration of your interaction with our services or for repeat visits.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to log in, navigate around, and use the features of our websites. We do not need to obtain your consent in order to use these cookies. These cookies can be used for security reasons – for example, to detect violation of our policies, identify and prevent fraud, fulfill your requests, and to support other security features.
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your language) and provide enhanced and personalized features. The information these cookies collect remains anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity.
These cookies collect information about your online activity, including behavioral data and content engagement metrics. These cookies are used for analytics, research and to perform statistics (based on aggregated information).
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver tailored offers and advertisements to you, based on your derived interests. They can also be used to cap the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by our advertisers (for example advertising networks) and provide them insights about the people who see and interact with their ads, visit their websites, or use their app.
How to manage your cookie settings
Please note that we do not recognize or respond to automated browser signals regarding Tracking Technologies, including “Do Not Track” requests. However, there are various ways in which you can manage and control your cookie settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking cookies, some of the features of the website may not work properly or as effectively.
Turning off cookies via your web browser
Most web browsers will provide you with some general information about cookies, enable you to see what cookies are stored on your device, allow you to delete them all or on an individual basis, and enable you to block or allow cookies for all websites or individually selected websites. You can also normally turn off third-party cookies separately. Please note that the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device.
Information about cookies is usually found in the “Help” section of the web browser. Below are some links to some commonly used web browsers:
Chrome for mobile
Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
Turning off third-party cookies
You can turn off certain third party targeting/advertising cookies by visiting the following link: Network Advertising Initiative
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Facebook Users. Your username and profile picture will be visible to all other BeFitCBD users, regardless of whether they are your Facebook friends. In addition, when you join BeFitCBD, if you grant us permission to post on your Wall, a notification will be visible on your Facebook page telling your friends that you have started using BeFitCBD. The BeFitCBD Application also will be visible on your Facebook page under “applications.”]
- BeFitCBD Site Users. Your username and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we are required to notify California consumers about our collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (whether collected through this website or offline). In this section of our Policy, and in accordance with the CCPA, “personal information” includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including the categories identified in the table below to the extent they identify, relate to, describe, are capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
s website or offline). In this section of our Policy, and in accordance with the CCPA, “personal information” includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including the categories identified in the table below to the extent they identify, relate to, describe, are capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We reserve the right to amend, modify, update or make changes to this policy at our sole discretion. If there are any material changes to this Cookies Policy, you will be notified via the Site/s. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Continued use constitutes your acceptance of such changes. Your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Policy, is to discontinue use of the Site or to refuse accepting cookies by using your browser’s settings. The date of the last amendments shall be reflected in the “last reviewed” section of this policy.
Third Party Cookies Google
We use various products and features provided by Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”).
Our services use the analytic tools of Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Please note the fact that Google Analytics is supplemented by the code “gat._anonymize();” on this website to guarantee the anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Google Dynamic Remarketing
We use Google Dynamic Remarketing to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. Dynamic remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of our websites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This user visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google Dynamic Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
We use Google AdWords to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google search.
DoubleClick by Google
We use retargeting tags and Custom Audience provided by Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA, “Facebook”).
Facebook Custom Audiences
In the context of interest-based online advertising, we use the product Facebook Custom Audiences. For this purpose, a non-reversible and non-personal checksum (hash value) is generated from your usage data. That hash value can be transmitted to Facebook for analysis and marketing purposes. The collected Information contains your activities on our site (e.g. browsing behavior, visited subpages, etc.). Your IP address is transmitted as well and used for geographical controlling of advertising. The data collected is only transmitted encrypted to Facebook and is anonymous to us that means the personal data of individual users are not visible to us.
Facebook Exchange FBX
When you visit our websites with the help of remarketing tags, a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server is established. Facebook gets the information that you have visited our website with your IP address. This allows Facebook to assign your visit to our website to your user account. The information thus obtained we can use for the display of Facebook Ads. We point out that we as the provider of the website have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and the use of it by Facebook.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
By using the website, you agree to the data processing associated with the integration of Facebook pixels.
Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.